Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ricky's Pico Rico

Remember my blog about Mexico, Mariachis and Mom? 

Well, here's another story out of Mexico from Mom's birthday trip. 

If you've ever had pico de gallo at a Mexican restaurant, you know how awesome it can be...or not, depending on the restaurant.  Regardless of where I've ever had it, I've never had it made fresh at my table.  That is until we ate at Los Zarapes in Mazatlan, Mexico. 

Our host, Johnny, made us the best pico de gallo I've ever had in my life!  (Remember, I live in Texas where there's a lot of Mexican restaurants!)  But what's even better, Johnny taught me how to make it and I have it on video.  I'm going to share the video with Johnny's special recipe.  Believe me, it will be well worth your while to watch this short video. 

Once you make your own pico de gallo, you'll be hooked.  And no more buying that garbage so called pico de gallo in the grocery store.  I guarantee it.  Fresh vegetables always win...and they're healthier too.  But you knew that. 

Once you make the pico, it's up to you to decide what to do with it.  Straight up on a corn chip is great, or mixed into a chili con queso...fantastico!  Couple that with a smooooth margarita (frozen or unfrozen, salt or no salt) made with good tequila and even kick it up a notch by adding Presidente brandy.  Now it's muy sabroso!  

Enjoy the video and bon appétit...whoops, that's French...in Español...bueno apetito! 

Adios y via con dios!
Dr. Rick Barrett

No comments: