Saturday, September 28, 2013


I just had to share this message I received before I left for Colombia.  One of the most touching e-mails I’ve ever received:

Dr. and Mrs. Barrett,

Ken shared your message about the St. Francis Medical Mission work that you do, and I must tell you how inspired I was listening to you describe your mission experiences.  Although I have felt a personal calling to participate in a mission trip for more years than I like to admit, I have unfortunately not yet turned that dream into action.  As a retired school teacher, I have no medical knowledge or medical skills to offer, but am curious as to whether there might be a need on mission trips for someone besides active medical professionals to participate.

As you leave tomorrow for Colombia, please know that I will be praying for you to touch every single person in need that God has hand-picked for you to heal -- physically, emotionally, and spiritually.  May God bless you indeed as He enlarges your territory and ministry to others in Christ's name.  May His hand be with you every step that you take and every breath that you breathe until you are once again safely home in each other's arms.  May He keep you as far from evil, the Evil one and his followers as North is from South, and may He bless you daily, give you rest when you need it most, enable you with strength, patience, discernment, and an extra dose of His wisdom as you meet every challenge during your trip.

Thank you so very much for sharing your message with Ken, so that he could in turn share it with us at Christ United Methodist Church.

Now, go with our prayers, working miracles through Christ.  Miracles which He chose thousands of years ago to be performed at this precise time in history, in the lives of the Columbian people, by you personally.  God bless every member of your team for the remarkable and rewarding work you are about to do.

Gina
Thank you Gina for such a wonderful bon voyage message.  And thanks to all who are praying and have donated to the success of this mission.

Blessings,
Dr. Rick Barrett

No comments: